Creditors Adjustment Bureau, a trusted name in collections since 1954, is currently seeking Collection Representatives to join our team. CAB specializes in commercial collections, serving as both collection agency and law firm. Our Representatives work on behalf of some of the fastest-growing companies in technology/software, social media, construction/building supply, commercial properties, transportation/logistics, and food services, as well as major law and accounting firms.
Primary responsibilities for this position include partnering with our clients to manage their receivables by initiating conversations with their customers via telephone, mail, or email in order to collect payments and settle accounts. If you’re good with people and have excellent communications skills, let’s talk!
This is a full-time position; salary is commensurate with experience.
- Contacting debtors to collect payments on past-due accounts and resolve discrepancies.
- Locating debtors via credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other paperwork or databases.
- Reviewing terms of sale or loan documents with debtors.
- Verifying all debtor information, including phone numbers and addresses.
- Providing excellent customer service by listening to debtors’ explanations and establishing new repayment terms, if appropriate.
- Recording new repayment terms, when appropriate.
- Initiating repossession proceedings or transferring accounts to collection attorneys, when necessary.
- Monitoring and maintaining account databases.
- Processing monthly credit memos and associated reporting.
- Complying with all federal and state debt collection regulations.
- High school diploma or GED; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of customer service experience in a professional environment
- Business-to-business experience
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Proven ability to function independently
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matched 401K program
- Paid time off
- Friendly and energetic work environment